Our History
CLUB HISTORY
1924
Land at Lennox, King, Gibbon and Stewart Streets is designated as a Recreation Reserve during a local property auction.
1959
Lennox Head Bowling Club is officially established by local community members.
March 1960
Tintenbar Shire Council grants a 21-year lease for the official formation and operation of the bowling club.
Late 1980s
The club expands its activities and is renamed Lennox Head Bowls and Sports Club, reflecting broader recreational offerings.
1996
The club hosts the inaugural meeting of the Lennox Longboarders, further cementing its role as a local community hub.
Circa 2007
Management transitions to Ramsgate Memorial as part of a broader financial strategy.
November 2012
The club closes due to ongoing financial challenges.
December 2013
After strong community advocacy, the venue reopens as Club Lennox, offering dining, bar, and bowls facilities.
2021
Club Lennox begins the amalgamation process with Cherry Street Sports Group, enhancing long-term stability and community engagement.
Present Day
Club Lennox Sports continues to thrive as a welcoming venue for bowls, dining, and community events in the heart of Lennox Head.















